Sunday, March 24, 2013

Welcome to my New Blog



Welcome to my New Blog

The title of my blog is The Inspired Teacher. An interesting connection is that inspiration and respiration are related, the Muse and my breathing are somehow linked. I have spent the last 30 years teaching T'ai-Chi, martial arts, meditation, and assorted spiritual and esoteric arts. When I learned T'ai-Chi Ch'uan from my teacher, Master T.T. Liang, not only did he teach me T'ai-Chi, he taught me how to learn, and how to teach. I have been fascinated with this process and continue to hone both my teaching skills and learning craft. I am truly inspired with teaching and learn when I teach and teach when I learn. I read where a yoga teacher said that her practice was for her students and her teaching was for herself. I have found this to be true for myself.

I am also an avid writer, having been published in various periodicals and written a few books myself. I write poetry and a monthly e-newsletter for my studio and I'm currently working on my first work of fiction, a sword and fantasy trilogy. Did I mention the upcoming book on T'ai-Chi Sword which I'm being hired to write? I'll let you know how the negotiations are going but right now that book looks like it's about to get done. Yay!

I want to use my blog as a platform to share my thoughts and ideas, to inform on my events and doings, and to learn more about myself, my pursuits, and my world, through you, the gentle reader. I will cover such subjects as T'ai-Chi and martial arts, Freemasonry and the Knights Templar, meditation and spirituality, especially nature-based spirituality and my practices with the Druidy I learned in the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids. My love of history, ancestry, Rosslyn Chapel, and all things Scottish will get a healthy platform here as well. I will also share my thoughts on teaching and learning, and a topic that many of you don't know my connection with, the Tao of Love. And just about anything else that comes to my mind!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Follow my blog by e-mail! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Sifu! Looking forward to you inspired insights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow my blog by e-mail! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be good to have inspiration from the hawk....

    I have missed that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow my blog by e-mail! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow my blog by e-mail! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! לימודי טאי צ'י

    ReplyDelete